3 tablespoons of San Conino unfiltered Tuscan EVOO
300 g of Paolo Petrilli Organic Diced tomatoes
1 pound of Pasta Panarese Organic Pici.
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled (one per person!)
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Bring a large 8 to 12-quart pot of water to a boil. Heat the olive oil, garlic and hot peppers in a large 12 to 14-inch saute pan until the garlic is fragrant.
Add the crushed tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, adding more hot peppers or red pepper flakes to make it spicier, if desired.
Just before the water has come to a boil, add the sea salt (we recommend 1.6 oz per gallon of water). Stir until all the salt is dissolved.
Add the fresh pasta and cook for about 3 minutes or according to package instructions if store-bought. Drain the pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and cook for about 1 minute, adding pasta water as needed to make the sauce slightly loose and glossy.
- Top with basil and serve immediately.